American Home Design $1,000 Scholarship Contest
American Home Design is proud to be the home renovation leader in the greater Nashville, Tennessee area. Since 1977, we’ve been committed to providing families in Tennessee, Kentucky, and Alabama with quality home improvement products and services they can trust. We understand that our customers view their homes as a safe haven — a place that should feel comfortable and secure while reflecting their own personal style. That is why we provide only the finest products and craftsmanship, turning every home we touch into a customized and beautiful sanctuary.
Over the years, we’ve developed strong relationships with the families in our area, and we believe it is our responsibility and privilege to give back to the community that has supported our family for more than 35 years. We feel the best way to say “thank you” is to offer an annual college scholarship contest. Every year, we will give a $1,000 college scholarship to one U.S. undergrad student who is working to earn a degree in business, management, marketing, or a related field.
But don’t think this contest will be easy. Winning our scholarship will require you to write an essay following the guidelines listed below. If American Home Design selects your essay to be the best, then you’ll receive the $1,000 scholarship fund! Just like we provide only the highest quality products to our customers, we expect only the highest quality writing from our scholarship applicants. So clear some space at your desk, grab a cup of cold brew coffee, and let’s begin.
Applicants must be a U.S. undergraduate seeking a degree in business, management, marketing, or a related field. Student must have a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA and submit a 1,000 – 1,500 word essay entitled “American Home Design Scholarship”. The paper must be signed with the student’s full name and .edu email address.
The essay must answer the following question:
American Home Design provides premier home improvement products and services to our clients and our mission is to treat our customers as we would like to be treated. What are three core values you believe a business should maintain to ensure the highest level of customer service is achieved?
Mail your official transcript and essay to:
American Home Design
Attn: Mikele Goodchild
880 Conference Drive
Goodlettsville, TN 37072
- Essay must be postmarked by July 1st, annually.
- Winner will be selected by July 15th, annually.
- Disbursement awarded by August 1st, annually.
Terms and Conditions (www.AmericanHomeDesign.com)
- The American Home Design Scholarship award will be submitted to the financial aid office that matches the student’s primary .edu email address.
- Once the winner is chosen, the student may be asked to provide personal identification information (like birthdate or student ID) to confirm enrollment.
- American Home Design will withhold the award if the applicant does not meet the eligibility requirements at the time of disbursement.
- In the event that no applicant meets the scholarship’s requirements for academic achievement and writing aptitude, American Home Design reserves the right to withhold disbursement.
- American Home Design employees and immediate family are not eligible to apply.